UCEED 2022 registrations have ended on Nov 18, 2021. The admit card was released on Jan 12, 2022. The exam was conducted on Jan 23, 2022. The answer keys were released on Jan 25, and candidates could submit objections, if any, until 5:00 PM on Jan 27, 2022. The final answer key was released on Jan 31, 2022.
The UCEED full form is the Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design, which is conducted by the Indian Institute of Bombay for aspiring design students. Students who are looking forward to doing B. Design in reputed institutions like IITs can take up these exams. The registration for UCEED has been extended to Nov 11, 2021.
Refer to this article to get complete details about the UCEED exam.
Latest Updates for UCEED:
- Feb 9, 2022: The UCEED 2022 cut off marks for part A will be released on Feb 10, 2022. Check UCEED 2022 Cut Off for more details.
- Jan 31, 2022: The UCEED 2022 final answer keys were released online. Visit UCEED Answer Key for regular updates!
- Jan 25, 2022: The answer keys for UCEED 2022 have been released. Candidates can download and verify their responses in the exam. They can also submit objections till Jan 27, 2022, 5:00 PM, if any.
- Jan 12, 2022: The UCEED 2022 admit card was released today. Candidates can download the same by logging in!
- Jan 8, 2022: The admit card release date for UCEED 2022 is postponed to Jan 12, 2022. Candidates can download the same from this date onwards.
- About UCEED Exam
- UCEED 2022 Exam Date
- UCEED 2022 Eligibility
- UCEED 2022 Application Form
- UCEED 2022 Application Process
- UCEED 2022 Exam Pattern
- UCEED 2022 Syllabus
- UCEED 2022 Admit Card
- UCEED 2022 Exam Centre
- UCEED 2022 Result
- UCEED 2022 Cutoff
- UCEED 2022 Rank List
- UCEED Selection Process
- UCEED 2022 Counselling
- How to Prepare for UCEED?
- UCEED Reference Books
- Guidelines for UCEED
- UCEED Contact Details
About UCEED Exam
Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam for Design (UCEED) is a National Level Entrance Examination that offers admission into the B.Des program at IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, IIITDM Jabalpur, and 15 other institutes which accept UCEED scores. IIT Bombay has the complete rights for conducting UCEED 2022 and to decide about the rules of admissions and the allotment of seats. The course offered through UCEED 2022 is Bachelor of Design (B.Des). Students who have qualified Class 12th (or equivalent) in 2020 or appearing in 2022 in any stream (Science, Commerce, or Arts & Humanities), are eligible to appear for UCEED 2022. Candidates who are from the science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as their subjects are eligible to apply for all 4 institutions i.e IIT Bombay, IIT Hyderabad, IIT Guwhati and IITDM Jabalpur whereas candidates with other streams ( arts, commerce, and science without mathematics or Physics or Chemistry) are eligible to apply only to IIT Bombay, IIT Hyderabad, and IIITDM Jabalpur.
Candidates can attempt the UCEED exam a maximum of two times in consecutive years. Candidates must secure a good UCEED rank to secure admission in B.Des programs. UCEED scores are valid for one year and are applicable for admission only in the corresponding academic year.
|Full Form||Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design|
|Conducting Authority||IIT Bombay|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
|Marking Scheme||No Negative Marking for Section 1 and (-0.19) for Section 2 and (-1.32) for Section 3|
UCEED 2022 Exam Date
UCEED exam is conducted through online mode only. The official conducting authority has announced the UCEED 2022 Exam Dates.
|Online UCEED 2022 Application Form with a regular fee - Start Date||Sep 9, 2021|
|Online UCEED 2022 Application Form with a regular fee - End Date (Extended)||Nov 11, 2021|
|Submission of online UCEED 2022 Application Form with late fee||until Nov 18, 2021|
|Admit Card Date||Jan 12, 2022|
|The last date for rectification of discrepancies in the admit Card||Jan 14, 2022 (till 5:00 pm)|
|Activation of Mock Test Links||To be announced|
|UCEED 2022 Exam Date||Jan 23, 2022 (9:00 am to 12:00 pm)|
|Release of draft answer key for part-A||Jan 25, 2022|
|Last date for sending comments of draft answer key for part-A||Jan 27, 2022 (till 5:00 pm)|
|Release of the Final Key for part-A||Jan 31, 2022|
|Announcement of cut-off marks for Part-A||Feb 10, 2022|
|Declaration of Results||Mar 10, 2022|
|Score Cards available for downloading||Mar 14, 2022|
|Last date for downloading Score Cards||Jun 14, 2022|
|Commencement of UCEED 2022 Counselling process||To be announced|
Read More: UCEED 2022 Exam Dates
UCEED 2022 Eligibility
Candidates who want to appear for the UCEED 2022 exam must satisfy all the eligibility criteria as specified. Those who are not meeting the requirements will not be allowed to proceed with the further rounds of the UCEED 2022 online examination. The exam authority also has the right to cancel their candidature for the 2022 session. Only candidates who satisfy the UCEED 2022 Eligibility Criteria can apply for the exam. The eligibility criteria of UCCED are tabulated below.
|UCEED Age limit||The candidate should have been born on or after October 1, 1997 if belonging to the
OPEN/EWS/OBC-NCL category and born on or after October 1, 1992 if belonging to the SC,
ST or PwD category.
|UCEED Number of Attempts||A candidate can attempt the exam for a maximum of two times and that too in consecutive
|The validity of marks card||UCEED marks sheets will be valid for only one year and only for admission for the corresponding year.|
|Nationality of Candidates||Both Indians and foreign nationals can appear for the exam. Candidates who are not citizens of India (by birth or naturalization) and whose parents are not citizens of India and do not come under PIO/ OCI category at the time of registering, will be considered as foreign nationals.|
Read More: UCEED 2022 Eligibility Criteria
UCEED 2022 Application Form
The registration for UCEED has been extended to Nov 11, 2021. UCEED 2022 application form is available on the official website of conducting authority. A late fee of INR 500 applies to all candidates for registration done after that. The UCEED 2022 application fee is INR 3500 for all other candidates and INR 1750 for female and SC/ ST/ PWD candidates. The registration fee is neither refundable nor transferable.
UCEED 2022 Application Fee
The application fee for the UCEED 2022 examination is given below. Concession is given only for reserved and female candidates. For all foreign students, the application fee is to be paid in terms of US Dollars.
|Registration Fee for Examination Centres in India|
|Indian Nationals (including PIO/OCI)||Female Candidates (all categories)||INR 1750|
|SC, ST, PwD Candidates||INR 1750|
|All Other Candidates||INR 3500|
|Foreign Nationals||Candidates from SAARC countries||USD 350|
|Candidates from non-SAARC countries||USD 450|
|Note: Registration Fees Does Not Include service charges, processing fee, and any other changes|
UCEED 2022 Application Process
Candidates must complete the UCEED 2022 application process to register for the exam. Applicants can follow the steps given below to register for the exam
Candidates who are registering for the UCEED 2022 exam for the first time can follow the below steps.
- Step 1: Go to the official website and click on the registration link
- Step 2: Enter your Email ID and click on Register (An activation URL will be sent to the mail)
- Step 3: Fill in all the details that are asked and click on 'Register'
- Step 4: You will be redirected to a page for the eligibility check. Enter the mobile number and verify it. An OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number. (This is also to verify about PWD category)
- Step 5: Now start filling the UCEED 2022 Application Form
Upload Credentials/ Documents
After registering as a new user, candidates can follow the steps given below to complete the application process.
- Step 1: Click on the "Fill the Registration Form" button
- Step 2: Candidates need to enter their personal details such as communication address, mother's name, father's name, educational qualification, and exam details.
- Step 3: Click on the 'Save' button and cross-check the details entered. After confirmation, candidates need to click on the 'Confirm' button to submit
- Step 4: Upload the documents- Passport size colour photograph and a scanned copy of the candidate's signature along with their class 10 and class 12 mark sheet. After uploading, click on the 'Submit' button.
- Step 5: Candidates need to pay the UCEED 2022 application form fee to complete the registration.
- Step 6: Take a Printout of the application form for future reference.
Read More: UCEED 2022 Application Form
UCEED 2022 Exam Pattern
The UCEED 2022 exam is a computer-based online examination in English. The exam mainly consists of 3 sections Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions, Multiple Select Questions (MSQ), and Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) for a total of 300 marks. The paper will consist of two parts i.e. Part A and Part B. The candidate must take note of the UCEED 2022 Exam Pattern so that they can prepare well for the exam.
|Mode of Exam||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Total marks||Part A - 240 MarksPart B - 60 MarksTotal: 300 marks|
|Sections||Part A (Section 1, 2, and 3) and Part B|
|Duration||Part A- 150 Minutes, Part B- 30 Minutes|
Part A: Part A of the UCEED 2022 will consist of three sections i.e. Section I, II, & III with Total Marks of 240 with a Time Duration of 2 hours 30 mins. It will be administered through a Computer-based test. The three sections of Part A of the UCEED 2022 Exam has been listed below.
- Section I- NAT (Numeric Answer Type)
- Section II- MSQ (Multiple Select Question)
- Section III- MCQ (Multiple Choice Question)
Part B: Part B consists of just 1 question which is aimed at testing the candidate's drawing skills. The question will be displayed on the computer screen and the answer has to be written/ drawn in the answer book provided by the invigilator. The candidate must complete Part B in 30 minutes and a total of 60 marks can be secured.
|Section||Number of Questions||Question Numbers||Marks if Correct||Marks if Wrong||Total Marks|
|Part-A (240 marks, 2 hours 30 mins)|
|Part-B (60 marks, 30 mins)|
|TOTAL (Part-A and Part-B combined): 300 MARKS|
Read More: UCEED 2022 Exam Pattern
UCEED 2022 Syllabus
UCEED 2022 syllabus is based on the 10+2 model of education. It is important to understand the formation of questions from different subjects to crack the exam. Since the UCEED 2022 exam is opted by many students from different streams (Arts, Commerce & Science), the UCEED 2022 Syllabus mainly covers topics that are common for design purposes and can be easily solved by all students.
Part A Detailed Syllabus
The detailed syllabus of Part A is discussed below.
Environmental and Social Awareness
Awareness of social and cultural connection with the design, history of the designed artifact, and socially responsible, sculpture, history of art and literature. General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, water, population, vegetation, etc.
Language and Creativity
Student’s ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to understand and use Standard English, ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box, reading comprehension, knowledge of English grammar will be seen in this section.
Design thinking and problem
In this section, the ability to use metaphors, visual analogies, ability to understand complexity, signs and symbols, identify problems, evaluate options and select solutions generate alternatives will be checked, etc.
Observation and Design Sensitivity
The candidate’s ability to detect concealed properties in ordinary things, situations, and thinking critically about them, people and events will be checked. Also through this section, the candidate’s ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties & aesthetic outcomes will be seen.
Analytical & Logical Reasoning
The candidate’s ability to look at information, be it qualitative or quantitative in nature, and discern patterns within the information will be checked. Student’s ability to use structured thinking and logic to deduce from a short passage, which of a number of statements is the most accurate response to a posed question will be also seen.
Visualization and Spatial Ability
Diagrammatic questions & pictorial questions to test, understanding of transformation and/or manipulation of 3D objects and 2D shapes and their spatial relationships, knowledge of practical and everyday mechanical and scientific concepts.
Part B Detailed Syllabus
It comprises the drawing section where candidates have to draw products, scenes or people, considering factors such as quality, proportion, composition, shading and perspective.
Read More: UCEED 2022 Syllabus
UCEED 2022 Admit Card
The UCEED 2022 Admit Card will be available on the official website. The candidates should carefully examine the fields in the UCEED 2022 Admit Card. If any discrepancies are found, then the Chairman JEE (Advanced), UCEED & CEED at IIT Bombay should be contacted before the specified date via email mentioned in the Registration Portal.
UCEED Admit Card Details
The UCEED 2022 Admit Card has the following details of the candidate.
- Candidate's Name
- UCEED 2022 Registration ID
- Roll Number
- Examination Date and Time
- Examination Centre
- Instructions to candidates
How to Download the UCEED 2022 Admit Card?
The candidates who have successfully registered can follow the steps given below to download the UCEED 2022 Admit Card from the official website.
- Step 1: Go to the official website of UCEED
- Step 2: On the homepage, click on the Admit Card link
- Step 3: Use the UCEED login by entering the Email ID and Password
- Step 4: Download and take a printout of the UCEED 2022 admit card
Documents to be Carried to the UCEED 2022 Exam Centre
Candidates must carry these documents along with the admit card to the UCEED 2022 exam centre. Candidates must remember that the authority will not allow them to enter the exam hall without the UCEED 2022 Admit Card. The documents that should be carried are listed below.
- PAN Card of the Candidates
- Candidate’s Aadhaar Card
- Voter Identity Card of the Candidates
- Candidate’s Driving License
- Identity card of college or school last attended by the candidate
How to Rectify the Discrepancies Present in the UCEED Admit Card?
Candidates will be able to view their UCEED 2022 Admit Card after logging in to their account. Before downloading the admit card, candidates must ensure that all the details present on the admit card are correct. In case of any mistakes in the admit card, they can contact the Chairman, JEE (Advanced), UCEED & CEED 2022 at IIT Bombay and get it rectified by January 7, 2022.
Read More: UCEED 2022 Admit Card
UCEED 2022 Exam Centres
The UCEED 2022 Exam is held in 24 cities across India and it is also conducted in Dubai. The candidates have to select 3 cities across India in their order of preference while filling the UCEED 2022 Application Form. But they are allotted only one out of the selected alternatives.
The UCEED conducting authority reserves all the rights to add a new city/town or remove an existing one and allot a city/town that may not be among any of the choices of a candidate. The list of UCEED 2022 Exam Centres is listed below.
International UCEED Exam Centre
The Candidates opting for Dubai as the UCEED 2022 Exam Centre should also compulsorily opt for 2 cities of their choice from 24 Indian cities. If the number of registrations is less than 25, then the Dubai Exam Centre may be dropped from the final list, and those candidates may be allotted a centre from the 2 Indian cities of their choice, in the order of preferences.
Documents Required on UCEED 2022 Exam Day
The following are the documents that the candidate must carry to the UCEED 2022 Exam Hall:
- UCEED 2022 Admit Card
- Government ID Proof such as Aadhar Card, Passport, Voter ID, Driving License, PAN card etc
Read More: UCEED 2022 Exam Centre
UCEED 2022 Result
The result is usually shown in the form of a UCEED 2022 Rank List. The candidates need to use their User ID and Password (created during the registration process) for viewing the UCEED 2022 Results on the webpage. The UCEED 2022 qualified students will be able to download their Scorecards from the official website. The candidates must not assume that obtaining a rank in UCEED 2022 will guarantee admission to the B.Des program.
How to Download the UCEED 2022 Result?
The candidates can follow the steps given below to download the UCEED Result from the official website.
- Step 1: Go to the official website
- Step 2: Click on the Result link
- Step 3: Enter Email ID and Password to log in
- Step 4: Download and take a Printout of UCEED Result
Read More: UCEED 2022 Results
UCEED 2022 Cut Off
UCEED Cutoff is the minimum mark that the candidates must score for qualifying for the exam. IIT Bombay will release the cutoff for UCEED 2022 online in the fourth week of March. Candidates must remember that the cutoff may vary for different categories. The cutoff depends on several factors which include the availability of the seats, the number of candidates who appeared for the exam, difficulty level of the exam and previous years' cutoff trends. IIT Bombay has released the UCEED Cutoff 2020 for different sections. The cutoff based on category is given below:
|Participating Colleges||Opening Ranks for General Category (AIR)||Closing Ranks for General Category (AIR)|
Read More: UCEED Cutoff 2022
UCEED 2022 Rank List
The UCEED 2022 Rank List will be prepared based on the total marks. The candidates who score minimum prescribed marks in each section and minimum total marks will be included in the Rank List.
If two candidates have scored the same total marks there will be a tiebreaker policy used to award the rank. The policy used is stated below:
- The candidate who has scored the highest marks in Section B will be awarded a higher rank
- If the previous policy does not break the tie Section A marks will be considered
- If there exists a tie even after that, the candidates will be awarded the same rank
The minimum marks prescribed for each category is as follows:
|List||Min. Total Marks|
|Common Rank List||100|
|OBC-NCL Rank List||90|
|SC Rank List||50|
|ST Rank List||50|
|PWD Rank List||50|
UCEED 2022 Selection Process
The candidates whose names are on the rank list will be called for the counselling process. Only the candidates who satisfy all the UCEED eligibility criteria will be given admission to B. Des Course.
Available Seats for Academic Year 2020-21 for UCEED 2022
Admission to the Bachelor of Design (B.Des) programs at IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, & IIITDM Jabalpur are done through the Undergraduate Common Entrance Exam and the following table shows the revised category-wise distribution of available seats in 4 institutes.
Note: *PD reservations @ 5% (total 2 seats in all above programmes) will be horizontal (i.e. PD candidates will consume seats from their birth category quota)
UCEED 2022 Counselling
The seats are allotted based on the applicant's UCEED Rank, Category, and Choice of Institutes. Selected candidates will receive their provisional allotment letter via registered email ID, after which they have to pay the seat acceptance fee of INR 60,000 for General/ OBC/ EWS and INR 15,000 for the other reserved categories. The seat allocation is based on the following rules by the conducting authority.
- If the selected candidates do not pay the seat acceptance fee before the given date or have declined the admission, then their UCEED 2022 application will stand cancelled. These vacant seats shall be filled during the upcoming rounds of the UCEED 2022 seat allotment.
- If the candidate is allotted the First choice of their desired institute, then the candidate can either accept (freeze) the choice or decline the seat offer.
- If the candidate is allotted the Second or Third choice of their desired institute, then the candidate can opt to either accept (freeze) the choice or accept with the option to be considered for upward movement (Float).
- Candidates do not have an option to withdraw an allotted seat after the last round of seat allocation has been published by the IIT Bombay.
Admissions are offered for the Bachelor of Design (B.Des) programs at IIT Bombay, IIT Hyderabad, IIT Guwahati, IIITDM Jabalpur, and other participating institutes as mentioned below.
Other Participating Institutes in UCEED 2022
Below mentioned is the list of Institutes that accept the UCEED Scores. The official website of UCEED has published on August 04, 2020, that the Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science, Chennai will be allowing a few seats in their undergraduate course for admission through UCEED 2022. However, the institute will not be a part of the Joint Admission Process conducted by IIT Bombay. Some of the UCEED colleges have been listed below.
|Vivekanand Global University, Jaipur|
|World University of Design, Delhi-NCR|
|Central Institute of Technology, Kokrajhar|
|Chitkara University, Punjab|
|U.P. Institute of Design Noida (An Institute of Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow)|
|Lovely Professional University, Phagwara, Punjab|
|University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun|
|VIT University, Vellore, TamilNadu|
|Srishti School of Art Design and Technology, Bengaluru|
|Delhi Technical University, Delhi|
|Anant National University, Ahmedabad|
|Nirma University, Ahmedabad|
|ARCH College of Design and Business, Jaipur|
|Khyati School of Design, Jaipur|
|MIT World Peace University, Pune|
|IIT DM, Jabalpur|
|Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science|
UCEED 2022 Seat Matrix
Candidates can check below the total number of seats available in different Institutes for all the categories.
|Name of the Institute||OPEN||EWS||OBC-NCL||SC||ST||Total|
How to Prepare for UCEED 2022?
The candidates who are aspiring to write the UCEED 2022 can use the following important tips to crack the exam.
- Go through the Syllabus and start preparing according to the prescribed Syllabus
- Though it is a Computer Based Test, questions based on drawings will be asked so be prepared with concepts related to drawings
- Be prepared with basic concepts of Science, Maths, and Computer Science
- Refer to various reference books and previous year question papers to know about the types of questions asked
- Plan your everyday activity to manage time
- Prepare notes whenever you are studying and refer it later
- Take mock tests frequently to assess your performance
- For better results revise before the exam
UCEED Reference Books
Candidates preparing for the UCEED entrance exam must study from good reference books which are available in the market. Candidates can get good resources online as well. A few of the good reference books which can help you in the preparation for the UCEED exam are given below.
- NID-NIFT-UCEED-CEED Workbook by Ar. Revati Shantanu Parkhi and Rhythm Singh Kachhawa
- UCEED Mock Test Series 2020-21
- Guide for NIFT/NID/IIFT 2020- 21 by Arihant Publications
- NIFT, NID & IIFT Entrance Exam Guide By D Mittal
- NIFT Entrance Examination Preparation Course By Prashant Kumar
- Self Study Guide – NIFT 10 Mock Papers By D. Mittal
Read More: UCEED Reference Books
Guidelines for the UCEED 2022
- Candidates must carry a printed copy of the downloaded UCEED 2022 Admit Card. Only those candidates having a valid UCEED 2022 Admit Card will be allowed inside the examination centre
- The candidate’s identity will be verified by invigilators as well as the IIT representatives. If the identity of the candidate is in doubt, the candidate may not be allowed to appear for the examination. However, the authorities at their discretion may permit the candidate to appear for the examination after completing certain formalities. No extra time will be allowed for completing the examination instead of the time taken for completing these formalities
- Impersonation in the UCEED 2022 examination is a serious offence that will thereby result in immediate disqualification of the candidate from UCEED, and lead to a criminal proceeding against the candidate
- Candidates will NOT be allowed to carry any electronic device (mobile phones, smartphones, digital/ smartwatches, calculators, tablets, etc.), abacus, slide rule, logbooks, study material of any type, geometry box, etc. to the Examination Hall. A list of forbidden items will be put up on the website before the exam if there are additional items
- Candidates have to remain in the examination hall for the entire duration of the UCEED 2022 examination
UCEED Contact Details
If there are any queries related to UCEED 2022 exam, the candidates can contact the official conducting authority. The details are given below.
Address: Chairman, JEE (Advanced), UCEED & CEED 2022
IIT Bombay, Powai, Mumbai 400076
Phone: +91-22-2576 4063/9093/9094
Email: [email protected]
What does UCEED stand for?
UCEED stands for Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design. It is a national level entrance exam offering admissions to design courses in various IITs and other participating institutes.
When will the UCEED 2021 Admit Card be released?
UCEED Admit Card will be released on January 01, 2021.
When will the UCEED 2021 result be declared?
UCEED 2021 results will be releasing on March 10, 2021.
Does the exam evaluation follow a negative marking scheme?
Yes, there is negative marking in Section B and Section C. 0.19 mark will be deducted for an incorrect answer in Section B whereas in Section C 0.71 mark will be deducted.
What is the age limit specified to appear for UCEED 2021?
All candidates satisfying the UCEED 2021 Eligibility Criteria and born on or after October 1st, 1996 are eligible to apply. The specified date is relaxed till October 1st, 1991 for candidates who belong to SC/SC or PWD category.
I appeared for UCEED last year and did not join any course after that. Am I eligible to attempt UCEED 2021?
Yes, you can attempt the UCEED examination only twice in 2 consecutive years. However, the scores obtained in the examination are valid only throughout the corresponding academic year.
When will the counselling process begin for UCEED 2021?
The UCEED 2021 Counselling will begin in June 2021.