PGCET exam is conducted by Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) to get admission into the top Private and Government institutions of Karnataka. It is a state-level exam that offers admissions into MBA, MCA, M.Arch, M.Tech, and M.E. programs in Karnataka. Total 178 institutes in Karnataka participate in Karnataka PGCET for PG admission after qualifying this common entrance test. Karnataka PGCET is an offline exam with as many as 100 MCQs to be answered within 150 minutes.
KEA PGCET 2021 counselling dates for the second and final round have been announced. The last date to submit fresh choices is Feb 4, 2022 (1:00 PM). Candidates can edit their options from Feb 4 2022 (4:00 PM) onwards, until Feb 7, 2022. The seat allotment results for this round will be released on Feb 8, 2022.
Latest News on Karnataka PGCET:
- Feb 14, 2022: KEA has released the revised schedule of Second Round Counselling for Karnataka PGCET 2021 [read more...]
- Feb 11, 2022: The Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) has released the second and final seat allotment results of Karnataka PGCET 2021 counselling today, Feb 11, 2022. The second round fee payment and admission order link has been activated- Click Here for the link.
- Feb 9, 2022: The release of Karnataka PGCET 2021 Round -2 has been delayed. Exact dates are to be announced soon.
- Feb 9, 2022: Karnataka PGCET 2021 Round 2 option entry extended again to Feb 9, 2022.
- Feb 3, 2022: The second and final counselling round details for Karnataka PGCET 2021 are announced. Candidates must submit fresh options before 1:00 PM on Feb 4, 2022. Visit PGCET Counselling for more information.
- Jan 20, 2022: The last date to submit choices wrt the round 1 seat allotment is extended to Jan 21, 2022 (midnight).
- Jan 19, 2022: The Karnataka PGCET 2021 Counselling Round 1 seat allotment was released on Jan 18, 2022. Candidates who have been allotted a seat can proceed with the admission process.
- About Karnataka PGCET
- PGCET Exam Date 2021
- PGCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- PGCET 2021 Application Form
- PGCET 2021 Admit Card
- PGCET 2021 Exam Centres
- PGCET 2021 Exam Pattern
- PGCET 2021 Syllabus
- PGCET 2021 Reference Books
- PGCET 2021 Answer Key
- PGCET 2021 Results
- PGCET 2021 Cut off
- PGCET 2021 Counselling
- PGCET 2021 Contact Details
About Karnataka PGCET
The Karnataka PGCET full form is Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test. Authorities will soon release the detailed Karnataka PGCET notification 2021 on the web portal. Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) offers PGCET admission into various PG courses in Karnataka. Candidates can get admission into government seats as well as for Management Quota seats through Karnataka PGCET.
Courses Offered: Through Karnataka PGCET 2021, various postgraduate courses like ME, M.Tech, MCA, MBA, and M.Arch are offered in colleges/universities across Karnataka.
Level: The Karnataka PGCET is a state-level entrance examination to offer admission in universities/colleges in Karnataka into various postgraduate level courses.
Frequency: The Karnataka Examination Authority conducts the Karnataka PGCET once every academic year.
GATE Aspirants: If the candidate is qualified in GATE 2021 and has a valid GATE Score, then aspirants can get admission through this score, but should keep in mind that they need to apply for the Karnataka PGCET 2021 also.
Accepting Colleges: 178 participating institutes accept Karnataka PGCET scores for PG Admission. Karnataka PGCET is a state-level entrance exam through which candidates can secure admission in MBA/MCA/ME/MTech/MArch programs offered by Government / University/ Private Aided / Private Un-Aided professional educational institutions in Karnataka.
|Exam Name||Karnataka PGCET|
|Full Form||Karnataka Post-Graduate Common Entrance Test|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Conducted by||Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA)|
|Exam Duration||150 minutes|
|Helpdesk||080 - 23460460|
PGCET 2021 Courses Offered
5 courses are offered through Karnataka PGCET 2021 and they are listed in the table below:
|1||MCA (For Normal and Lateral Entry; Only Full Time)|
|2||MBA (For admission into the 1st year; Both Part-time and Full Time)|
|3||M.Tech (Both Part-Time and Full Time)|
|4||ME (Both Part-Time and Full Time)|
|5||M.Arch (Both Part-Time and Full Time)|
PGCET Exam Date 2021
The Karnataka Examination Authority conducts the Karnataka PGCET and publishes Karnataka PGCET important dates on their official website.
The Karnataka PGCET exam will be conducted on the date set by the official authorities. Candidates can refer to the exam dates highlighted in the tabular column below.
|Karnataka PGCET Notification Date||Sep 3, 2021|
|Release of Online Application Form||Sep 27, 2021|
|Last Date to Submit the PGCET Application Form||Oct 3, 2021 (5:30 PM)|
|PGCET Extended Application Window||Oct 21 to 25, 2021|
|PGCET 2021 Application Window Correction Facility||Oct 21 to 25, 2021|
|Last Date to Pay the Fees||Oct 5, 2021 (Banking Hours)|
|PGCET 2021 Admit Card Release Date||Nov 4, 2021|
|Karnataka PGCET Exam date 2021||Nov 13 & 14, 2021|
|Provisional Answer Key Release Date||Nov 25, 2021|
|Answer Key Objection Window||Nov 25, 2021 - Nov 28, 2021|
|Final Answer Key Release Date||Dec 19, 2021|
|Results Declaration||Dec 19, 2021|
|Counselling for PGCET 2021||Jan 3, 2022|
PGCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) sets the eligibility criteria for the Karnataka PGCET 2021. If candidates don't satisfy the eligibility criteria, then their application will be subject to rejection. The KEA has set specific eligibility criteria for different PGCET courses. General eligibility criteria which a candidate should satisfy are mentioned below
Qualifications: Candidates must have an undergraduate degree from any recognized college/university in India or abroad.
Marks: To be eligible for Karnataka PGCET 2021
- General candidates must have scored more than 50 percentile.
- Candidates belonging to the SC/ST/OBC categories have to score more than 40 percentile.
Work Experience: If a candidate wants to apply for a part-time course, then they should have a minimum work experience of 3 years.
Read More: Karnataka PGCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
|PGCET for MBA||Any Bachelor’s degree of 3 years with a minimum of 50% of marks|
|PGCET for MCA||A Bachelor’s Degree in any one of the Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science/Computer Applications/Computer Programming/Business Mathematics/Business Statistics with a minimum of 50% of marks.|
|PGCET for M.Tech/ME/M.Arch||A valid GATE score or a bachelor’s degree of 3 years with a minimum of 50% of marks.|
PGCET 2021 Application Form
Students can apply to Karnataka PGCET only through an online application form. Various details that candidates need to know before applying are mentioned as below:
Registration Date: Karnataka PGCET 2021 Application Form is available from Sep 27, 2021 on the official website, and the last date to submit the exam form will be Oct 3, 2021.
Mode of Payment: Candidates can pay the Karnataka PGCET 2021 registration fee both online and offline. The last date to submit the fee is Oct 5, 2021.
Online Payment: Applicants can make their payment for Karnataka PGCET 2021 using a Debit/ Credit Card or Net Banking and should take a printout of the receipt for further process.
Documents: Aspirants will have to scan and upload the required documents in the given size, format, and dimension.
PGCET 2021 Registration
The Karnataka Examinations Authority released the application form on its official website from Sep 27, 2021. Karnataka PGCET 2021 application form details along with the application process and documents required are given below. Candidates can read the step-by-step process given below to get details about the Karnataka PGCET 2021 application process. Registration is the first step in the Karnataka PGCET 2021 application process. The step by step process involved in the New User Registration is given below:
- Candidates need to visit the PGCET official website.
- After clicking on the official website, applicants need to click on the "New User" tab.
- Applicants need to fill in the details such as the Candidate's Name, Gender, Contact Details, etc.
- Applicants will receive a unique User ID and Password on the email ID and registered mobile number.
Filling the Application Form
After the new user registration is completed, the next step in the application process is to fill the application form. The procedure for the same is described below:
- Candidates need to log in to their account using the credentials provided at the time of new user registration.
- Applicants need to fill in personal details, academic details, and contact details in the given form stated as ‘Student Information Page.’
- Applicants need to click on Save and Next to go to the next step of the Karnataka PGCET 2021 Application Process.
Following documents must be uploaded during the application process. Check the specifications of the documents in the application form section.
- Candidates must keep the scanned copies of their latest coloured photograph, signature, parent signature, and left thumb impression. These documents are compulsory in the Karnataka PGCET 2021 Application Process.
- Applicants need to upload the documents in JPG/JPEG format. After finishing the upload, candidates need to select the “Save and Next” button.
- Applicants need to click on next. A declaration page will appear on the screen.
- The candidates must read the declaration attentively and then submit it.
Accepting Declaration and Submitting the Form
Candidates need to look through a few parameters before they submit the Karnataka PGCET 2021 application form, and the parameters are mentioned as below:
- After furnishing details in the application form, candidates must review the online form. Candidates must not make any mistakes during the Karnataka PGCET 2021 Application Process to avoid discrepancies in the future.
- After filling the application form, a declaration box will pop up. Applicants need to read all the details and click ‘Agree’ if candidates are satisfied with the conditions. Aspirants should make note that no edits or omits can be done after submitting the application form.
The candidates need to familiarise themselves with the procedure of paying the Karnataka PGCET 2021 Application Fee. Check the procedure for fee payment given below:
- To complete the Karnataka PGCET 2021 fee payment, candidates must select a bank challan and take a printout of the same.
- General category candidates must pay INR 650, while the reserved category candidates should pay INR 500 as an application fee.
- Candidates can make the fee payment through any specified branch.
- Candidates will receive two copies of the challan after the payment, and the bank will retain one copy.
- Candidates should take 2-3 photocopies or at least store digital copies of them for future reference.
Candidates have to upload their documents in the specified dimensions, size, and format as specified by the Karnataka Examinations Authority. The document specification for the Karnataka PGCET 2021 exam is given in the table below:
|Photograph||File Size: 5KB - 40KB Dimension: 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm||JPG/JPEG||It should be a recent passport size color photograph.|
|Signature||File Size: 5KB - 40KB Dimension: 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm||JPG/JPEG||The candidate should sign on white paper with blue or black ink. And signature should not be in capital letters|
|Left Thumb Impression||File Size: 5KB - 40KB Dimension: 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm||JPG/JPEG||Thumbprints should be clear and should be taken in blue or black ink.|
Documents Required for Karnataka PGCET 2021
Candidates must have the below-mentioned documents at the time of filling the Karnataka PGCET 2021 application form.
- Recent passport size color photograph
- Candidate's signature
- The thumbprint of the candidate
- Class 10 marks card
- Class 12 marks card
- Undergraduate marks card
- Caste certificate (If applicable)
- IT certificate (If applicable)
Read More: Karnataka PGCET 2021 Application Form
Karnataka PGCET 2021 Admit Card
The authority released the Karnataka PGCET 2021 hall ticket on the official website. Candidates should know that the Karnataka PGCET 2021 admit card will neither dispatched nor sent via email or post under any circumstances.
Karnataka PGCET 2021 admit card contains details such as the candidate's name, passport size photograph, signature, date of exam, time, venue of the examination centre, and important instructions regarding the examination.
Applicants should keep a copy of their Karnataka PGCET 2021 admit card till the end of the admission process.
How to Download Karnataka PGCET 2021 Admit Card?
Applicants have to visit the official website of the Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA). The steps for downloading the admit card from the official website are as follows:
- Step-1: For Karnataka PGCET login applicant must enter the credentials, which are the PGCET 2021 application ID and Password.
- Step-2: Now click on "Get Admit Card", and you will be able to access your Karnataka PGCET 2021 admit card.
- Step-3: Download the Karnataka PGCET 2021 admit card and take the printout in an A4 size sheet.
Documents Required along with PGCET 2021 Admit Card
The candidate should also bring any valid Government/Private ID proof along with the Karnataka PGCET 2021 admit card on the day of the exam. The Valid ID card can be any one of the following:
- College ID Card
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- Aadhar Card
- Voter ID
Details Present on Karnataka PGCET Admit Card
The admit card of the Karnataka PGCET admit card contains the following details.
- Name of the candidate
- Roll number
- Exam venue
- Examination date
- Time of exam
- Father’s name
- Allotted examination centre
- Photograph of the candidate
- Scanned signature
Note-: Candidates must carry their Karnataka PGCET 2021 admit card to the exam centre because, without the admit card, candidates will not be allowed to take part in the exam. In case of any discrepancy in the PGCET 2021 admit card, candidates must inform the Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA).
Read More: Karnataka PGCET 2021 admit card
PGCET 2021 Exam Centres
Based on their preferences, candidates have to choose their Karnataka PGCET 2021 Exam Centres, which is convenient for them while filling the application form. There are 16 Karnataka PGCET 2021 exam centres across Karnataka. Candidates will have to keep in mind that no changes are allowed once a Karnataka PGCET exam centre is selected. The following table contains the list of test centres for the PGCET 2021 examination.
Read More: Karnataka PGCET 2021 Exam Centres
PGCET 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates must be aware of the exam pattern of the Karnataka PGCET 2021 before starting the preparation. It helps candidates with the type of questions asked in the exam, time allotted for the entire exam, total marks for the paper, and many more.
The Karnataka PGCET 2021 is an offline exam i.e., Paper & Pen-based Test (PPT). Karnataka PGCET 2021 exam question paper has two sections. Each test paper is designed to test the knowledge of candidates in their subject specialization. Candidates must also go through the PGCET brochure for all the detailed information. Karnataka PGCET exam details are tabulated below.
|Karnataka PGCET Exam Pattern||Details|
|Medium of the exam||English|
|Duration of the exam||150 minutes|
|Maximum time to answer all the questions||120 minutes|
|Mode of the exam||Pen and Paper Based Test (PBT)|
|Types of questions||MCQ|
|Marking Scheme||One mark for every correct answer. No negative mark for wrong answers.|
|Number of sections in the question paper||Four|
|Number of answer options per question||Four|
Question Type and Test Duration: All the questions will be of objective type Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), and the time given to complete the test will be 2 hours 30 minutes.
- The question paper of Karnataka PGCET 2021 will have 100 marks in total.
- Each correct answer will fetch 1 mark, and there is no negative marking for incorrect responses in the exam. Since there is no negative marking, candidates can use this as an advantage by attending to all questions.
The following table contains course-wise marks distribution in the Karnataka PGCET 2021 examination.
|Course||Parts||Number of Questions||Marks|
|M.E/ M. Tech/ M. Arch||Part-A||50 Questions||50 marks|
|Part-B||25 questions||50 marks|
|MBA||Part-A||50 Questions||50 marks|
|Part-B||50 Questions||50 marks|
|MCA||Part-A||60 Questions||60 marks|
|Part-B||20 Questions||40 marks|
Read More: Karnataka PGCET 2021 Exam Pattern
PGCET 2021 Syllabus
The Karnataka Examinations Authority tests candidates' strength in subjects which aspirants have opted in their undergraduate course. Therefore, the Karnataka PGCET 2021 Syllabus depends on the course selected by the candidates in their UG and PG through Karnataka PGCET 2021.
Topics: Topics for each course differs from each other. Candidates should be clear on topics that they have studied in their UG. They should try to increase their grasp on these topics.
The detailed syllabus of the Karnataka PGCET 2021 exam is listed below:
Karnataka PGCET MCA Syllabus
- Computer Awareness
- Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning
- General Awareness
- General English
Karnataka PGCET MBA Syllabus
- Proficiency in the English Language
- General Knowledge
- Test of Reasoning and General
- Quantitative Analysis
- Molecular Biology and Genetics
- Process Biotechnology
- Chemical/ Bioprocess Engineering
- Plant and Animal Biotechnology
- Characteristics of Animal Cells
- Recombinant DNA Technology
- Agricultural Biotechnology
- Food Biotechnology
- Environmental Biotechnology
Mathematics & Computer Science
- Analytical Geometry of 2-d
- Analytical Geometry of 3-d
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Equations
- Combinational Analysis
- Linear and Non-Linear Equations
- Set Theory
- Number System
- Algebraic Structures
- Computer Science
- “C” Computer Language
Polymer Science & Technology
- Fluid Mechanics and Statics
- Chemical Process Calculations
- Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics
- Heat and Mass Transfer
- Polymer Science
- Polymerization Kinetics
- Processing Technology
- Polymer Manufacturing
- City Planning
- Visual and Urban Design
- History of Architecture
- Development of Contemporary Architecture
- Planning Theory
- Techniques of Planning
- Engineering Mathematics
- Engineering Materials
- Engineering Mechanics
- Strength of Materials
- Fluid Mechanics
- Theory of Machines
- Design of Machine Elements
- Production Engineering
- Industrial Engineering and Management
- Elements of Civil Engineering & Strength of Materials
- Building Engineering Science
- Fluid Mechanics
- Geo-Technical Engineering
- Water Supply and Sanitary Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Process Calculations
- Fluid Mechanics
- Mechanical Operations
- Heat Transfer
- Mass Transfer
- Reaction Kinetics
- Process Control
- Pollution Control Engineering
- Process Industries
Computer Science & Engineering
- Engineering Mathematics
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Logic Design and Computer Organization
- Formal Languages and Automata Theory
- System Software
- Operating Systems
- Computer Networks
- Web Technologies
- Environmental Chemistry, Biology and Ecology
- Water Supply and Treatment
- Wastewater and Treatment
- Solid and Hazardous Wastes Management
- Atmospheric Pollution and Control
- Transport Processes and Water Quality Assessment
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Textile Fibers
- Yarn Manufacturer: Ginning and Baling
- Modern Yarn Production Methods
- Fabric Manufacture
- Chemical Processing of Textiles
- Fashion Design and Garment Technology
- Engineering Mathematics
- Electric Circuits and Fields
- Analog and Digital Electronics
- Control Systems
Read More: Karnataka PGCET 2021 Syllabus
PGCET 2021 Reference Books
Candidates appearing for the Karnataka 2021 exam must prepare well for the exam, and to prepare well and crack the exam, you need to have good reference books. Candidates must be well aware of the exam pattern, syllabus, and the best reference books available in the market.
Each course will have its reference book since the PGCET exam 2021 is conducted for candidates applying to different postgraduate courses. Candidates must buy the books according to their course and requirement. A few of the Karnataka PGCET 2021 Reference Books are listed below.
- Karnataka PGCET ME / M.Tech Entrance Test by Chandresh Agrawal
- MBA Entrance Examinations Guide 2021 Edition by R.Gupta
- GATE and PGECET for Computer Science and Information Technology by Ramaiah K Dasaradh
- How To Prepare For The Karnataka PGCET Entrance Test Study Package by Chandresh Agrawal
How to Prepare for PGCET Exam 2021?
Preparation for any Exam is of two types. The preparation can be done through coaching centres where you go to the centre that teaches you concepts, and then there is self-preparation, where you try your best at beating the exam alone. People generally prefer coaching centres because those centres provide us with a fixed schedule and resources to prepare for the exam, and in turn, we have to pay them.
Self-determined students can motivate themselves to give the exam. Preparation tips for the exam are notified as below:
Secure all the sources relevant to the PGCET exam
Before starting your Karnataka PGCET 2021 exam preparation, make sure that you secured all of the relevant material useful for you. There are numerous study materials and reference books out there. Out of them, you need to select the right ones that you think would help you in your preparation for PGCET. Gathering all of this will give you a clear picture of how much you have to complete over the period you have allotted yourself.
Construct a Custom Preparation Schedule
Preparation for an exam is not fruitful if you are not following a definite structure. Thus, create a proper schedule that is suitable for your day-to-day life. It should incorporate the equal distribution of study sessions for each subject, some time for solving previous year papers, and most importantly, periodic revisions.
But just constructing a good schedule for the sake of creating one is of no use. You have to commit yourself to that schedule until the goal is reached.
Evaluate and Improve Yourself
If you are not periodically evaluating yourself, you would never know where you are lacking and where you are strong. So you need to attempt all sample question papers, mock tests you can get your hands on. There are so many of them available on the internet. By taking these tests, candidates can evaluate themselves and then try to improve accordingly.
Read More: Karnataka PGCET 2021 Reference Books
PGCET 2021 Answer Key
The exam authority released the Karnataka PGCET 2021 Answer Key after conducting the exam. Candidates can visit the official website of Karnataka PGCET and download the answer key. The authority has provided an option for the candidates to raise objections against the answer key if any discrepancies are found in the answer key. For raising objections, they have to pay a prerequisite amount in favor of the exam authority and submit their objections within the specified dates along with valid proof against that answer. The authority will publish the final answer keys after checking all the objections raised against the answer key.
How to Download the Karnataka PGCET 2021 Answer Key?
Candidates must follow these steps to download the Karnataka PGCET Answer Key:
- Visit the official website of Karnataka PGCET.
- Click on the list of courses for which the answer key is available.
- Download the answer key of Karnataka PGCET as per the preferred programs.
- Click on the link and download the question paper along with the answer key.
Read More: Karnataka PGCET 2021 Answer Key
PGCET 2021 Result
The Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) has announced the Karnataka PGCET 2021 results on the official website. Candidates can check their Karnataka PGCET results by visiting the official website.
Authorities will prepare the separate merit list for MBA, MCA, ME / M.Tech / M.Arch programs. PGCET merit list will depend on marks obtained in the Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test.
Note-: Candidates applying for the Karnataka PGCET 2021 through GATE score must check their GATE results.
How to Check PGCET 2021 Result?
Steps to check Karnataka PGCET 2021 Result are given below:
- Step 1: Candidates need to visit the official website of the Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA)
- Step 2: On the homepage of the website, click on the result tab.
- Step 3: Enter your application number and date of birth as credentials to log in. Click on "Submit.
- Step 4: The Karnataka PGCET 2021 results will be displayed on the screen, and candidates can download the results for future references.
Karnataka PGCET Scorecard Details
The scorecard of Karnataka PGCET contains the following details:
- Name of the Candidate
- Candidate Type
- PGCET Number
- PGCET Score
PGCET Reservation of Seats
Candidates of Karnataka Origin are only eligible to claim the reservation in the Karnataka PGCET 2021 exam. Some important points regarding reservation of seats in the Karnataka PGCET 2021 exam are given below:
- Only Category-1 candidates of Karnataka can claim the reservation.
- Candidates can also claim reservations under the Hyderabad-Karnataka region, provided they can produce an eligibility certificate from that concerned Assistant Commissioner.
- Candidates who are wards of ex-servicemen can avail of the reservation if they obtain a certificate of their parent’s home address issued by the Joint Director/Deputy Director of the concerned district and is countersigned by the Director of the Department of Sainik Welfare and Resettlement, Bangalore.
- Candidates who have 40% or higher disability have a reservation of 3% of the total seats in Government and Government Aided Colleges.
PGCET Cut Off 2021
The details regarding Karnataka PGCET 2021 Cut Off are given below:
- The KEA will release the Karnataka PGCET 2021 cutoff ranks for all disciplines on the official website.
- Cut off can be referred by students to get an idea about which college they might get.
- Candidates should give options in Karnataka PGCET 2021 Counselling purely based on their interests.
- After cutoff ranks are released, make a list of colleges you want to join based on your cutoff and interest.
Factors Affecting PGCET 2021 Cut Off Marks
There are several factors on which the cutoff marks of PGCET depend. These includes:
- Number of candidates who appeared for the exam
- The difficulty level of the exam
- The total number of seats available
- Number of candidates qualifying for the exam
Key Points regarding PGCET 2021 Cut Off
Candidates must remember these points regarding Karnataka PGCET 2021 cut off:
- The cut off will provide an idea about the last rank under each category to a particular college/course during the previous year.
- The minimum rank that the candidate will secure for getting admission is the cutoff of Karnataka PGCET 2021.
- The cut off marks of Karnataka PGCET 2021 will be available in PDF format.
- The authority will release the Karnataka PGCET cut off 2021 only in online mode.
- The cut off lists will be released separately for the candidates who qualified Karnataka PGCET and GATE.
- The authority will release the cutoff category, college, and course-wise for the candidates who have appeared for Karnataka PGCET 2021.
- The name of the college, course, category, and the last rank in the particular college for a specific course will be present in the Karnataka PGCET 2021 cutoff.
Read More: PGCET Cut Off
PGCET 2021 Counselling
The Karnataka PGCET 2021 Counselling process is conducted after the exams are over. The KEA conducts the counselling both through online mode via option entry by candidates.
Five stages in the Karnataka PGCET 2021 Counselling process are Online Registration, Verification of Documents, Filling of Preference Form, Seat Allotment, and Reporting to the Allotted College.
Documents Required for PGCET 2021 Counselling
Documents that candidates need to submit during Karnataka PGCET Counselling are mentioned as below:
- Print out of the Karnataka PGCET 2021 Application Form.
- Original Copy of the Challan.
- Admit Card.
- Class X or equivalent Marks Card.
- Class XII or equivalent Marks Card.
- Degree marks card of all semesters/ years.
- Provisional Degree Certificate/Degree Certificate/Course completion certificate.
- Study Certificate (If applicable).
- Two recent photographs(passport size.
- SSLC marks card
- 2nd PUC marks card
- Study certificate
- Qualifying exam mark sheet
- Degree certificate /Provisional degree certificate
- Caste / caste income certificate
Allotment of Seats
The verification of documents and allotment of seats includes the following stages.
Registration of a Candidate: Every candidate who has secured rank in Karnataka PGCET 2021 should report to the nearest Helpline centre as per the schedule posted on the official website for registration of candidate and verification of documents.
Verification of Documents: Candidates will have to get their original documents verified at the Helpline centre to be eligible for option entry for allotment of course seats. All documents will be returned to the candidate along with an acknowledgment card and verification slip after the verification process.
The Entry of Options by Candidates: The college-wise, course-wise, and category-wise seat details available for allotment will be published on the official website as "PGCET 2021 OPTION ENTRY". The candidate shall enter the college and course of their choice from among the seats available. They can enter any number of options as candidates wish to pursue.
Process of Allotment of Seats and Admission: The seat allotment will be conducted in two rounds. The first round, second round, and each consist of 3 phases.
Remittance of Fees and Reporting to College: Candidates need to pay the fee after the allotment process, as prescribed on the official website. Candidates will be informed of the date and time of reporting to college after the admission procedure gets over.
Read More: Karnataka PGCET 2021 Counselling
PGCET 2021 Contact Details
In case of any discrepancies at any stage of the exam contact the exam conducting authorities. Their contact information is given below:
18th Cross, Sampige Road,
Phone: 080 - 23460460
Fax: 080 - 23461576
PGCET Helpline Number: 080-23460460
What is the required eligibility for PGCET?
Eligibility criteria are different for MCA, MBA, M.Tech and M.Arch programmes. Please go through the eligibility section for complete information.
What is the mode of the exam?
Karnataka PGCET exam will be conducted in the offline mode.
What is the exam pattern for PGCET?
Karnataka PGCET exam pattern is different for MCA, MBA, M.Tech and M.Arch programmes. Please go through the exam pattern section for complete information.
Is there any negative marking?
There is no negative marking. So the candidates need to answer all the questions.
When can I avail the admit card?
Candidates can obtain the admit card from July 1, 2020 onwards.
What is PGCET?
PGCET (Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test) is a state level entrance examination conducted by Karnataka Education Authority. Through Karnataka PGCET, candidates to get admission in various postgraduate courses in Karnataka.
From when can I avail the PGCET application form?
Candidates can avail the PGCET application form on the official website from June 15, 2020.
Can I pay the application fee online?
Yes, You can pay the application fee online.
What is the application fee?
The application fee for General and OBC candidates is INR 650 and it is INR 500 for SC/ST candidates.
What is the syllabus for PGCET?
Candidates should prepare on Graduate level topics to appear for PGCET.
What is the frequency of the exam?
The examination is conducted once in every academic year by KEA.
I am qualified in GATE, do I need to attend in PGCET?
If the candidate has valid GATE score there is no need to attend the Karnataka PGCET.
Is there any descriptive test in PGCET?
No, only objective type questions will be asked.
What is the difference between PGCET and PGECET?
Although both PGCET and PGECET exams are conducted for admission into Post Graduate Courses such as MBA, MCA, M.Tech, M.E, M.Pharm, M.Sc etc., there is a difference in terms of what are all the courses offered by their respective conducting authorities. Full form of PGCET is Post-Graducate Common Entrance Test and full form of PGECET is Post-Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test. The list of such entrance exams along with their offerings is given below: Karnataka PGCET - MBA, MCA, M.Arch, M.Tech and M.E. Gujarat PGCET - M.Tech, M.E RUPGCET - M.Sc, M.Tech, M.Com, M.A, M.Ed, M.P.Ed MCAER PG CET - MBA, M.Tech, M.Sc, M.F.Sc AP PGECET - M.E, M.Tech, M.Pharm TS PGECET - M.E, M.Tech, M.Arch, M.Pharm
Is there any part time course offered for MCA and MBA by the conducting authority?
Part time course is offered for MBA. In case of MCA, there is no part time course.
Were the Karnataka PGCET 2020 exam registration dates extended further?
Yes. Eventhough the last date of registeration of PGCET 2020 was June 28, 2020, the conducting authority reopened the application form in July 04, 2020 and was available till July 07, 2020.