National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is an entrance examination for students who wish to study undergraduate and postgraduate medical courses (MBBS, MD, MS) and dental courses (BDS, MDS) in any government, private, or dental colleges in India.
The NEET UG 2022 notification will be announced in March 2022. The notification will contain the exact schedule for the exam and exam-related events. Candidates are required to follow this schedule so that all the tasks related to exam go smoothly. Read on for more information about the exam and its events.
The all India NEET UG 2021 Counselling schedule was released. The MCC started the registration process on Jan 19, 2022. The round 1 choice filling started on Jan 20, 2022, and was extended to Jan 30, 2022. The round 1 seat allotment was released on Feb 2, 2022, and then withdrawn due to some issues. The revised results were uploaded around 7:00 PM on Feb 2, 2022, only. The detailed schedule shows 4 rounds of counselling that will be conducted this year, rounds 1, 2, and 3, and the stray vacancy round. The schedules for round 2 onwards were revised, and the round 2 registrations will now start from Feb 16, 2022.
Latest Updates for NEET:
- Feb 14, 2022: Round 2 registration of the NEET 2021 Counselling, which began on February 9, will start from February 16 to 21, 2022.
- Feb 14, 2022: MCC has directed the states to revise the counselling dates for NEET UG 2021.
- Feb 11, 2022: The MCC released the notice to convert candidates of NEET UG 2021 to NRI category for Round 2.
- Feb 7, 2022: The MCC (Medical Counselling Committee) has issued a notice regarding the resignation of NEET UG 2021 round 1 counselling.
- Feb 5, 2022: The AACCC has released the first round seat allotment for the AYUSH NEET UG 2021 Counselling. The registrations for round 2 will begin on Feb 18.
- Feb 5, 2022: The NEET UG counselling schedules for round 2 and further have been revised due to the extension that happened with the round 1 counselling. The round 2 counselling registrations will begin from Feb 16, 2022, onwards. Read more at NEET Counselling.
- Feb 2, 2022: Final seat allotment for NEET 2021 Counselling Round 1 was released and then withdrawn. The revised results were uploaded at 7:00 PM and the reporting to colleges shall commence from 10:00 AM on Feb 3, 2022.
- Feb 1, 2022: The seat allotment for MCC NEET UG counselling 2021 is released for round 1. Candidates can proceed with respective processes.
- About the NEET Exam
- NEET 2022 Exam Date
- NEET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- NEET 2022 Registration
- NEET 2022 Application Form
- NEET 2022 Syllabus
- NEET 2022 Exam Pattern
- NEET 2022 Admit Card
- NEET 2022 Exam Centres
- NEET 2022 Result
- NEET 2022 Answer key
- NEET 2022 Cut off
- NEET 2022 Counselling
- NEET 2022 Preparation
- NEET 2022 Reference Books
- NEET 2022 Guidelines
- NEET Helpdesk and Contact Details
About the NEET Exam
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is an entrance examination for students who wish to study undergraduate and postgraduate medical courses (MBBS, MD, MS) and dental courses (BDS, MDS) in any government, private, or dental colleges in India. It is the most sought-after medical entrance examination. This page talks exclusively about the NEET Undergraduate programs. Visit NEET PG 2022 for all information on Postgraduate admissions through NEET.
|Full Form||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test|
|Conducting body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Exam Frequency||Once a Year|
|Courses Offered||MBBS, BDS, B.V.SC|
|Languages||English, Hindi, Marathi, Odia, Tamil, Urdu, Bengali, Telegu, Kannada, and Assamese|
|Helpline Number||8076535482, 7703859909|
The National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts NEET annually to provide admission to the eligible candidates in MBBS/BDS Courses. NTA shall offer around 63,835 seats through NEET 2022 exam. Candidates have to remember that they can apply for only 15% of seats in each college through NEET. These are known as the All India Quota seats. The other 85% will be distributed according to the State Government and the college policy. Admissions for all Undergraduate courses in JIPMER and AIIMS happen only through NEET Entrance Exam from the academic year 2020.
NEET 2022 exam is conducted online, in 10 different languages including English, Hindi, Marathi, Odia, Tamil, Urdu, Bengali, Telegu, Kannada, and Assamese. A NEET aspirant must attempt to answer 180 questions in 3 hours. The exam paper is divided into three different sections, which are Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
NEET 2022 Exam Date
The dates provided below are tentative and you must wait for the exam dates that will be announced with the NEET 2022 notification
|NEET 2022 Application form release date||Mar 2022|
|NEET 2022 application form Last Date||Apr 2022|
|Last Date to make payments||Apr 2022|
|NEET 2022 Application form correction||Apr 2022|
|NEET 2022 (UG) Admit Card Date||May 2022|
|NEET 2022 Examination Date||May 2022|
|NEET 2022 Result Date||Jun 2022|
|NEET 2022 Counselling Date||To be Announced|
Read More: NEET Exam Dates
NEET 2022 Eligibility
NEET UG entrance exam eligibility criteria has been set by the NTA, and all the aspiring test takers are expected to fulfill the criteria. Otherwise, they will be subjected to rejection. Candidates should keep this in mind while applying for NEET. The basic eligibility requirement is that candidates should have qualified in Class 12 or an equivalent exam, with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology, and English as compulsory subjects.
- The maximum age limit for NEET 2022 is 25 years and 30 years in the case of Reserved category test-takers. Candidates must be at least 17 years of age to be eligible to apply for the MBBS NEET exam.
- The age limits are the same for Overseas Citizens of India (OCI).
Candidate can go through the below table on the eligibility criteria for the NEET 2022 Exam.
|Exam Qualification||Candidates should have passed 10 + 2 or equivalent with Biology/Biotechnology, Physics, Chemistry and English from a recognized board.|
|Minimum Age Requirement||Aspirants should be of the age 17 years as of December 31, 2020|
|Maximum Age Limit||No upper age limit until the Supreme Court passes its judgment.|
|Qualifying Marks||For PSB subjects, the 12th qualifying marks to be eligible for the NEET 2022 exam are as follows:UR - 50%OBC/SC/St - 40%PwD-45%|
|Max Attempts||A candidate has no restriction on the no. of attempts.|
|Nationality||Indian National, NRIs, OCIs, PIOs & Foreign Nationals are eligible to apply for the NEET 2022 exam.|
NEET 2022 All India Quota Seats
There are three types of seats available at all medical colleges across India. Of those three types, one is admission through NEET and these are called NEET All India Quota seats. A total of 15% of the seats will be reserved in this quota. Candidates who are taking the NEET Exam are competing for this 15% of seats in all the medical colleges across India. This is why the competition is extremely high in the NEET Exam.
Apart from this, all applicants are eligible to apply for JIPMER and AIIMS using a valid NEET Score.
In this 15% of the seats, NTA has set reservation criteria and details of which are in the following table. This further reduces the number of seats available for General Category students. It is understood that the available 15% All India Quota Seats is a race to the finish.
|SC Candidates||15% of seats are reserved for SC candidates|
|ST Candidates||7.5% of seats are reserved for ST candidates|
|OBC Candidates||27% seats as per Central Act are reserved for non-creamy layer OBC candidates only in Central Educational Institutions|
|PH Candidates||5% seats are reserved on the horizontal basis for Physically Handicapped candidates|
NEET 2022 Eligibility for J&K Students
Jammu & Kashmir has opted out of the 15% All India Quota seats which means that students of other states who do not possess a domicile certificate are not eligible for seats there through NEET. Therefore, students from this state are also not eligible for 15% All India Quota seats in other states.
Only students who are not a domicile of Jammu and Kashmir, e.g. have parents or family staying there, have to submit the self-declaration. By submitting the self-declaration, a candidate who is not a domicile of J&K will become eligible for the 15% All India Quota seats but not the state quota seats.
This self-declaration will be verified during counselling, and if it is found to be false then the candidate will be rejected.
The declaration which the candidates should abide by are:
- He/She is not eligible to appear for MBBS/BDS seats in the State of J&K State and hence not eligible to seek admission in Medical/Dental Colleges of State of J&K.
- He or she must not be a domicile of the State of J&K.
- He/she must have declared all these by understanding the rules and its implications.
The aspirant will be subjected to rejection if the above-mentioned details are found to be false.
Read More: NEET Eligibility
NEET 2022 Registration
The NTA NEET 2022 registration will begin along with the release of the nofication. Candidates were able to proceed to the NEET 2022 Registration Process and register themselves. After the registration was complete and successful, aspirants got their NEET 2022 Login credentials on their registered email ID. This must be used for the application process.
Read More: NEET Registration 2022
NEET 2022 Application Form
The NTA will open the application window for those candidates who are interested to register for the exam. Candidates had to complete the four steps of the application process in order to be considered for the exam.
While applying for the exam a candidate should go through the NEET 2022 Application Details and NEET 2022 Eligibility Criteria. Fee payment can be made using a Credit Card/Debit Card, Net Banking/UPI or E-wallet of the Common Services Centre, and other service providers.
How to Apply for NEET 2022?
The NTA NEET 2022 form contains the information that is mentioned below and candidates may refer to the following steps to apply for NEET.
Step 1: The candidate can find the NEET 2022 Application form on the official website.
- Click on the link "Registration".
- Enter the required information in the provided space. This must be done carefully.
- Fill in all the required details correctly and save the draft until final submission
Step 2: On finishing Step 2 a second link of the application form for uploading the photograph and signature of the candidate is opened. Candidates should have his/her photograph and signature ready while applying for NEET 2022. Details of photograph and signature are given below:
|Photograph||10 Kb to 200 Kb||JPG/JPEG|
|Signature||4 Kb to 30 Kb||JPG/JPEG|
Step 3: After this, the candidate will be redirected to Step 3 where Payment of Fee must be done.
Some of the important application fee details are:
NEET 2022 Application fee for General Category candidates: INR 1500/-. For General - EWS/ OBC -NCL the cost is INR 1400/-. The application fee for a reserved (SC/ST/PH) candidate is INR 800/-.
After registration, you will have to pay the application fee to the conducting authority either Offline or through Net Banking to complete the NEET 2022 Registration process as per latest NEET updates 2022.
Step 4: After the Payment of Fee, candidates have to take a printout of the confirmation page.
Note: Candidates of the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh will not be eligible for the 'State of Eligibility' (15% All India Quota). To be eligible candidates of this domicile will have to fill and submit the Self-Declaration form which must be produced for reference during all the rounds of selection.
Documents Required to Apply for NTA NEET 2022
Various documents and details required to apply for NEET 2022 are
- Candidate's Name
- Father/Mother's Name
- Date of Birth
- Valid Mobile Number and Email ID
- Candidate's latest photograph against a white background.
- Candidates signature in blue or black ink.
- Identity Card: Aadhaar Number (last 4 digits), Bank Account Number, Election Card (EPIC No.), Ration Card Number, Passport number, Other valid Govt. Identity Card Number.
Read More: NEET Application Form
NEET 2022 Syllabus
The conducting body of NEET 2022 will test the knowledge of students in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Hence, NEET 2022 Syllabus will have topics from Class 11 and 12 curricula. NEET 2022 syllabus has been prescribed by NTA. The curriculum prepared by the Council Board of School Education, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), and National Council of Education Research and Training (NCERT) will be considered while designing the syllabus for NEET 2022.
State Syllabus: Apart from CBSE's curriculum, the NEET 2022 Syllabus is prepared after reviewing various State syllabi.
NEET 2022 Physics Syllabus
Below you can find the complete Physics Syllabus for NEET 2022 exam:
Class XI Syllabus
1.Unit I - Physical World and Measurement
2.Unit II - Kinematics
3.Unit III - Laws of motion
4.Unit IV- Work, Energy & Power
5.Unit V - The motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
6.Unit VI - Gravitation
7.Unit VII- Properties of Bulk Matter
8.Unit VIII - Thermodynamics
9.Unit IX - The Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
10.Unit X - Oscillations and Waves
Class XII Syllabus
1.Unit I - Electrostatics
2.Unit II - Current Electricity
3.Unit III -Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
4.Unit IV- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
5.Unit V - Electromagnetic Waves
6.Unit VI - Optics
7.Unit VII- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
8.Unit VIII -Atoms and Nuclei
9.Unit IX - Electronic Devices
NEET 2022 Chemistry Syllabus
Below you can find the complete Physics Syllabus for the NTA NEET 2022 exam:
Class XI Syllabus
1.Unit I - Some basic concepts of chemistry
2.Unit II - Structure of an atom
3.Unit III - Classification of elements and periodicity
4.Unit IV- Chemical bonding and Molecular structure
5.Unit V - States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
6.Unit VI - Thermodynamics
7.Unit VII- Equilibrium
8.Unit VIII - Redox Reactions
9.Unit IX -Hydrogen
10.Unit X - s-Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)
11.Unit XI-Some p-Block Elements
12.Unit XII-Organic Chemistry- Some Basic Principles and Techniques
14.Unit XIV-Environmental Chemistry
NEET 2022 Biology Syllabus
Below you can find the complete Biology Syllabus for NEET 2022 exam:
Class XI Syllabus
1.Unit I - Diversity in Living World
2.Unit II - Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants
3.Unit III - Cell Structure and Function
4.Unit IV- Plant Physiology
5.Unit V -Human Physiology
Class XII Syllabus
1.Unit I -Reproduction
2.Unit II - Genetics and Evolution
3.Unit III - Biology and Human Welfare
4.Unit IV- Biotechnology and Its Applications
5.Unit V -Ecology & environment
NEET focused reference books and study material contain updated syllabus. Students must gather these materials to map out their study plan for the exam.
Read More: NEET Syllabus
NEET 2022 Exam Pattern
Every candidate should be aware of NEET 2022 Exam Pattern as it helps in planning and preparation for the exam. Some of the important details are:
- Every right answer in NEET 2022 will fetch the candidate 4 marks and 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- NEET 2022 will be a pen and paper-based (offline) test.
- NEET 2022 examination will consist of one paper having 180 (45 from every subject/section), objective type questions which will count to a total of 720 marks.
- The NTA NEET 2022 question paper can be attempted in nine languages, and English. (Check the table below for all the languages).
- The NEET 2022 Exam duration is for 3 hours i.e. 180 minutes. The NEET 2022 exam pattern is expected to remain the same every year.
Given below are the highlights of the NEET 2022 Exam Pattern.
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Question|
|Marking Scheme||Correct Answer: +4 Wrong Answer: -1|
|Medium/Language||English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi, Bengali, Assamese, Gujarati, Kannada, and Odia|
Read More: NEET Exam Pattern
Test Practice Centres (TPC)
NTA understands that candidates need to get familiarized with NEET. Hence, NTA will establish a network of test centres where students can practice mock NEET exams. The objective of this initiative is to help the students from rural areas to have ample practice and prepare for NEET 2022. This facility will be completely free of cost and will help candidates get familiarised with the Computer-Based testing pattern. More details will be sent to candidates who have applied about the date and venue of such mock tests.
NEET 2022 Admit Card
The NEET Admit Card will be released online. Only those candidates who have completed the registration process along with fee payment can download their admit card. NEET 2022 Admit Card contains all the details about the examination and the candidate information. Candidates should carry a valid ID proof along with their admit card to the examination hall.
Note: Candidates who fail to produce admit card or ID Proof upon request in the exam hall will not be allowed to take up the exam under any circumstance
How to Download NEET 2022 Admit Card?
Steps to download NEET 2022 admit card are listed below:
- Step 1: Visit NTA's official website.
- Step 2: Click on "Admit Card NEET (UG)" on the left bottom.
- Step 3: Enter the necessary details which are Registration Number, Date of Birth, and Security Pin.
- Step 4: Now, you will be redirected to a screen where your Admit Card will be displayed.
- Step 5: You can download the admit card and take a printout in the A4 size sheet.
Details Provided in the NEET 2022 Admit Card
Candidates can check with the below information regarding the details in the NEET 2022 Admit Card: Applicant’s name, the Application number, Roll number, Father's name, Course name, Date of birth, Gender, Category and Sub-category, State of Eligibility, Candidate's Signature and Photograph, NEET UG Senior Director Signature, Language (medium) of Question Paper, Aspirants Address, NEET Exam Centre and Address, Exam Centre Number, Exam Date and Time, Paper (Paper-I/Paper-II/Paper-III), Candidate’s Parent Signature, Important instructions.
Read More: NEET Admit Card
NEET 2022 Exam Centres
Candidates will be required to select the exam centre of their preference during the application process. Each candidate is allowed 3 city preferences. The exam centre in the city will be allotted based on the availability of seats. If there is no available centre that can accommodate the candidate then the next exam city will be considered for allotment of the exam centre. There is a good chance of candidates getting an exam centre that is close and convenient for them since the NEET 2022 Exam Centres are spread all over the country. Since there are colleges that offer class XI and class XII in vernacular languages, NTA gives candidates the option to write NEET in some selected vernacular language only at select exam centres.
Check out the detailed list of all the NEET 2022 Exam Centres.
- Metal Detectors in Exam Centres: NTA was instructed to install metal detectors in every exam centre for security purposes. There must be at least one detector for 100 students.
- Test Centres in Tamil Nadu: The Supreme Court has denied the request for an increase of NEET Exam Centres in Tamil Nadu for 2022. Students from Tamil Nadu have to go to Kerala to appear for the exam.
Rules and Regulations
There are some rules which candidates need to follow on the exam day, they are:
NTA has instructed that all NEET 2022 candidates wear half sleeve light-colored clothes without huge buttons, badges, brooches, or any other kind of ornamental accessories. Shoes are prohibited- only slippers and sandals are allowed.
Note: Candidates wearing clothes for religious reasons like the burqa, turban, etc must report to the exam centre an hour before the exam commences.
Aadhaar Not Mandatory
According to the Supreme Court, Aadhaar Card is not mandatory to apply for NEET 2022. Any other identification can be used instead of Aadhaar Card.
Candidates from Jammu and Kashmir alone have to submit the self-declaration form for the reserved 15% seats in the All India Quota.
Read More: NEET Exam Centres
NEET 2022 Results
The results for NEET 2022 will be announced online. Admission into medical and dental colleges for MBBS and BDS will be done based on marks scored by the candidates in the entrance exam. NTA releases the Merit List after the declaration of NEET Result 2022. This list is only for candidates who opt for 15% All India Quota Seats in their Application form. For the remaining candidates, counselling will be conducted based on their All India Ranks.
Note: The candidates should download and print a few copies of the scorecard.
How to Check NEET 2022 Results?
Once the results were announced, candidates can check the result on the official website. Steps to check NEET 2022 Result are as follows:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of NTA.
- Step 2: Search for the NEET 2022 Result link and click on that link.
- Step 3: The candidates will be redirected to a new link where they should enter their login credentials (registration number and date of birth) to access their NEET 2022 result.
Read More: NEET Results 2022
NEET 2022 Answer key
The conducting authority has released the answer key on the official website a few days after the successful conduction of the NEET 2022 exam. Candidates can compare their answers with that in the official answer key to get an idea about the possible score. Candidates can follow the steps given below to check the answer keys.
- Step 1: Visit the official website.
- Step 2: In the notification section, click on the 'answer key' link.
- Step 3: Login using the username and password provided at the time of registration.
- Step 4: View and download the answer key.
- Step 5: Take a print of the same.
Read More: NEET Answer Key 2022
NEET 2022 Cut off
NEET 2022 Cut Off is a necessary ground for qualification. Scoring above the prescribed NEET cut off 2022 will mean that you can advance to the next level. The NTA NEET 2022 Cut Off depends on:
- Previous year cut off trends such as NEET Cutoff 2019, 2018, and so on.
- The difficulty level of the exam
- The number of applicants participating in the exam etc.
Read More: NEET Cut Off 2022
NEET 2022 Counselling
Counselling for NEET 2022 begins shortly after the exam. Candidates will be considered for admission based on NEET 2022 rank. Candidates will be allowed to choose a college during the NTA NEET UG 2022 Counselling process. However, seat allotment will be based on availability. Other things to keep in mind are:
- All India Quota Counselling is conducted by MCC (Medical Counselling Committee) while the respective state exam authority will conduct state Counselling.
- Candidates need to be present at the specified date on the specified date for the offline counselling process.
- All candidates must carry the required documents for the counselling process like 10th and 12th marks card, photo, valid ID, etc.
Courses Offered Through NEET 2022
NTA offers several courses through NEET UG Exam 2022 and they are:
- MBBS: Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (Allopathic Medicine).
- BDS: Bachelor in Dental Surgery.
- BAMS: Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (Ayurvedic medicine or Indian medicine).
- BHMS: Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery (Herbal and homeopathic medicine).
- BUMS: Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery(Unani medicine should know Urdu).
- B.Pth: Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy).
- Specialization in Yoga and Naturopathy and
- Specialization in Siddha medicine.
NEET 2022 Important Websites
|NEET Official Website||www.ntaneet.nic.in|
|Ministry of Health & Family Welfare||www.mohfw.gov.in|
|Medical Counselling Committee||www.mcc.nic.in|
Read More: NEET UG Counselling process 2022
NEET 2022 Preparation
A common question that pops in the mind of any NEET aspirant is 'How to Prepare for the NTA NEET UG Exam?'. Cracking an exam becomes easy if an aspirant implements fine-tuned strategies in the preparation phase. NEET which is one of the challenging exams will test the student's fundamental knowledge in the core subjects. Let aside competition, if one can prepare smartly he or she can nail the NEET exam with a good score. Given below are a few tips to kickstart NEET 2022 Preparation:
- Gather high-quality study material to prepare for NEET UG 2022. Click on NEET 2022 Reference Books or refer below to start with. Also, collect enough and more practice papers, sample papers, and previous year question papers to thoroughly understand the NEET 2022 Exam Pattern.
- Create a realistic timetable that has regular study breaks. Based on your concentration levels, decide how long to study before taking a break so that you can retain the most information.
- Revise regularly and practice consistently to improve your speed and efficiency.
- Make sure to pay good attention to your health by eating well and keeping fit so that your ability to focus is improved and you do not fall ill.
NEET 2022 Reference Books
Candidates are advised to refer to the following books, which will help them to prepare well for the NEET exam. The NEET exam questions are generally based on 11th and 12th-grade subjects. Below are a set of NEET books that candidates can refer:
|Book||Author / Publication|
|Objective Physics||D. C. Pandey|
|The Concept of Physics||H. C. Verma|
|Fundamental Physics||Pradeep Publications|
|Complete NEET Guide for Physics||MTG Editorial Board|
|Complete NEET Guide for Biology||MTG Editorial Board|
|Organic Chemistry||Morrison and Boyd and by MS Chouhan|
|Physical Chemistry||OP Tandon|
Read More: NEET Reference Books
NEET 2022 Guidelines
Candidates can go through the following guidelines for the exam so that they will have an idea of what happens on the day of the NEET Exam.
- Reporting Time: All the Exam Centres will be opened about 2 hours and 30 minutes before the commencement of the NEET 2022. Candidates should enter the exam hall before 9.30 a.m. else they will not be allowed to enter the NEET 2022 Exam Centres.
- Seat Allotment: NTA will be responsible for the seating arrangement of candidates in the NEET Exam Centre. Every candidate will be allotted a seat according to their roll number. Candidates must find out and occupy their allotted NEET 2022 exam seat before 9.30.a.m.
- Admit Card Verification: During the examination, the invigilator will check the NEET 2022 Admit Card of the candidates to verify the identity of each candidate. Candidates should also carry a valid ID Proof and produce it upon request. Candidates have to report at the allotted exam centre with a printout of the downloaded Admit Card and proforma with a passport size photograph duly affixed to it.
- Barred Items: Candidates are not allowed to bring any barred item inside the premises of the NEET 2022 Exam Centres. Possession of any such articles by the candidates will be confiscated.
- Avoid Beverages: Water bottles, tea, coffee, cold drinks or snacks, etc. are not allowed to be taken by the candidates to the NEET 2022 examination hall. Water will be provided at the exam centre. The concerned authority will check for these items and confiscate if they found any.
- No Leaving Until the Exam Concludes: Candidates will not be allowed to leave the examination hall until the completion of the test. Even if the candidates finish their exam, the candidate must remain in the exam hall till the end of the NEET 2022 exam.
- Attendance Sheet Signature: The candidate must sign twice on the NEET 2022 Attendance Sheet in the appropriate fields. First, immediately after the commencement of the examination then the second one while handing over the NEET Answer Sheet to the invigilator. Candidates should remember that the signature should match that on the application form. They should not change their signature.
- Finger Impression: The candidates are also required to provide their left thumb impressions in the space provided on the NEET 2022 attendance sheet. This is to confirm the identity of the candidate.
- Test Book Pages: The candidate has to check and ensure that the NTA NEET UG 2022 Test-Booklet contains the same number of pages as written on top of the cover page. In case if the total number of pages is not similar to the number written on top of the cover page, the candidate has to inform the invigilator present in the exam hall. Else it might lead to future complications.
NEET Helpdesk and Contact Details
Candidates can refer to the mentioned line of contact to get in touch with the helpdesk at NTA NEET exams portal.
C-20 1A/8, Sector 62
IITK Outreach Centre,
Contact Number: 011-40759000/011-69227700
Email : [email protected]
What is the eligibility requirement for the Foreign Nationals to apply for NEET?
Students who are Foreign Nationals should have passed Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English in Class XII with at least 50% marks, as per the regulations of the Medical Council of India. The minimum age limit is 17 years and the maximum age limit is 25 years.
If I am opting Odia as the language of question paper, can I get the centre of examination in Delhi?
No. The candidate who opts vernacular language for the medium of question paper will be allotted centres only in that respective State of the language. In your case, your NEET Exam Centre could only be in Orissa.
Is it possible to change the option of language once the NEET 2021 Application Form is submitted?
No, it is not possible to change after the NEET Application Form is submitted because the Exam Centres will be allotted based on the medium of question paper that the candidates choose.
Am I eligible to apply for NEET if I have a year gap after class 12?
There aren\'t any restrictions, you can apply for NEET.
My Aadhar card is invalid, can I apply for NEET?
Yes, the NTA has officially announced that Aadhar card is not a mandatory document for registration purposes. You can apply for NEET 2021 with any other government ID.
My OBC certificate is 8 months old, do I need to get a new OBC certificate before applying for the NEET 2021?
No, it is not necessary. You can apply since the certificate is not more than a year old.
Who is eligible for 15% All India Quota Seats in NEET 2021?
Indian Nationals Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs) Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) Foreign Nationals are eligible for the 15% All India Quota Seats.
If a candidate is opting Tamil as a medium of question paper, would the candidate be eligible for 15% All India Quota?
The medium which the candidate opts to appear for the NEET 2021 does not affect the candidate\'s eligibility for the 15% All India Quota.
What is the duration/timings of NEET 2021?
3 hours. The NEET 2021 timings are from 10 a.m to 1 p.m. However, the candidates will not be permitted to enter the exam hall after 9.30 a.m.
Do I have to send my filled application form to NTA?
No. There is no need for any of the candidates to send copies of the application form or other documents to the NTA.
Who will conduct the counselling for NEET All India Quota seats?
For 15% All India Quota seats, counselling will be conducted by the Directorate General of Health Services.
I am from Tamilnadu Board, my age is 15 years, can I apply for NEET exam?
No, you cannot apply for NEET 2021.
My date of birth is November 10, 1999, can I apply for the NEET exam?
Yes, you can apply for NEET 2021 as you fulfill the Eligibility Criteria.
I am a female candidate who belongs to the General Category, general category female candidate, my parent's income is less than 5 lakhs, do I need to pay the NEET application fee?
The concession is only given to SC/ST/PH candidates so you need to pay the NEET 2021 Application Fee.
I passed class 12 in 2019, but my marks in Biology are below 50 can I apply for NEET?
Yes, you can apply for the NEET 2021 exam.
I am doing B.Sc. from DU, can I apply for NEET?
Yes, you can apply for NEET but there isn\'t any lateral entry provision for NEET 2021.
I belong to the SC category, what is the upper age limit for SC/ST candidates to apply for the NEET exam?
30 years is the upper age limit for SC/ST candidates to apply for the NEET exam.
What is the minimum qualification required to apply for NEET 2021 exam?
The candidate must have qualified class XII exams or an equivalent system in order to apply for the NEET. The candidate must have studied science in his/her school.
Are NRI candidates getting any age relaxation for NEET?
No, only the SC/ST candidates get a relaxation of 5 years with respect to age limits. Apart from SC/ST, no other category is getting any age relaxation.
What are the compulsory subjects that the candidate has to be studied in Class XII to appear for NEET 2021 exam?
Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology should have been studied by the candidates in class XII mandatorily. Students belonging to the general category should secure a minimum of 50% and the minimum aggregate for SC/ST/OBC is 45%.