The NEET PG 2022 exam is conducted by the National Board of Examination (NBE) for admissions into various M.D. and PG courses in medicine, across the top universities all over India. The official information brochure for NEET PG 2022 was released by the National Board of Examinations on Jan 15, 2022. Registrations began on Jan 15, 2022, from 3 PM onwards on the official website of NBE. The last date to apply has been extended to Mar 25, 2022. The revised exam date is May 21, 2022.
The NEET PG 2021 Round 2 Counselling began on Feb 4, 2022. Find the schedule in detail below. Registrations have begun from Feb 4, 2022, onwards. The all India NEET PG Counselling round 2 seat allotment will be released on Feb 15, 2022. The choice filling and locking process started on Feb 7, 2022.
The page will provide all the information regarding the NEET PG examination, including important dates, exam patterns, and more. Scroll down to find a detailed discussion of the examination.
Latest Update for NEET PG:
- Feb 14, 2022: NEET PG Counselling 2021: Round 2 choice filling date extended till Feb 14, 2022. Aspirants can complete their NEET PG 2021 round 2 choice filling process.
- Feb 14, 2022: MCC has directed the states to revise the counselling dates for NEET PG 2021.
- Feb 11, 2022: The Choice filling process for Round 2 of NEET PG 2021 Counselling closes today, Feb 11, 2022. Candidates can fill their choices on the official website - www.nbe.edu.in
- Feb 7, 2022: The choice filling process for Round 2 NEET PG 2021 Counselling began today. Candidates can now fill and lock their choices.
- Feb 4, 2022: The NEET PG 2022 exam was postponed by 6-8 weeks. The NBE has released the revised schedule which states that the exam will be held on May 21, 2022. The last date to apply has been extended to Mar 25, 2022.
- Feb 4, 2022: Registrations for Round 2 NEET PG 2021 Counselling began today. Choice filling to begin from Feb 7, 2022. The revised dates for the counselling events have also been released. Find the revised schedule at NEET PG Counselling.
- About NEET PG
- NEET PG 2022 Exam Date
- NEET PG 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- NEET PG 2022 Application Form
- NEET PG 2022 Admit Card
- NEET PG 2022 Exam Centers
- NEET PG 2022 Exam Pattern
- NEET PG 2022 Syllabus
- NEET PG 2022 Result
- NEET PG 2022 Cut off
- NEET 2022 Counselling
- NEET PG 2022 Courses Offered
- How to Prepare for NEET PG 2022?
- NEET PG 2022 Contact Details
About NEET PG
NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. It is an all-India exam taken by students every year for admissions into various UG and PG courses across some of the most prestigious medical institutions in India. Though the exams serve a similar purpose in terms of providing a platform for students to seek admissions, the conducting authorities for both UG and PG courses are different. NEET UG is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) while NEET PG is conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE). NEET PG 2022 is yet to be scheduled. Candidates are advised to check the article below for all updates on the same by the NBE.
NEET PG 2022 will be conducted across 255 cities in India and will be conducted in the online mode as a computer-based test (CBT).
|Exam Name||NEET PG|
|Full Form||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for Post Graduation|
|Conducted Body||National Board of Examination (NBE)|
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours 30 Minutes|
The National Board of Examinations (NBE) is an autonomous body that falls under the purview of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. The examination is conducted for admissions into postgraduate programs across various medical institutions in the country.
NEET PG 2022 Exam Date
The NEET PG 2022 application form will be available on the official website of the exam conducting authority. Candidates who fulfilled the prescribed eligibility criteria were able to successfully apply for the NEET PG 2022 exam. The NEET PG 2022 exam dates were announced by NBE on its official website as part of the notifications for the exam. The exam will be conducted soon, and this is to be confirmed by the conducting authority. Candidates who have applied for the examination are advised to regularly check the official website of NBE for further updates on the NEET PG 2022 exam.
The table below contains all the important dates of the NEET PG 2021 exam.
|NEET PG 2021 Application Form Start date||Jan 15, 2022|
|NEET PG 2021 Application Form End date||Mar 25, 2022|
|NEET PG 2021 New Application Forms Correction Window||Mar 29, 2022|
|NEET PG 2021 Admit Card release date||May 16, 2022|
|NEET PG 2021 Exam||May 21, 2022|
|NEET PG 2021 Result||Jun 20, 2022|
|NEET PG 2022 Counselling Date||To be announced|
NEET PG 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates interesting in appearing for the NEET PG 2022 exam have to fulfill the eligibility criteria as prescribed by NBE. The eligibility criteria include all the basic requirements like age limit, educational qualification, eligibility for state quota seats, etc. that candidates need to meet in order to appear for the examination. The details of the NEET PG 2022 eligibility criteria are detailed in the table below:
|Age||No Upper Age Limit|
|Education Qualification||Candidates must possess a valid MBBS degree from an institution recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI), and have an MBBS degree or provisional certificate to that effect.|
|Internship||Completion of the internship on or before 31 March 2022. (minimum 12 months)|
Apart from the eligibility criteria mentioned above, candidates have to achieve scores equal to or greater than the minimum cut-off set by the exam conducting authority.
Read More: NEET PG Eligibility 2022
NEET PG 2022 Application Form
The points mentioned below cover all the essentials in regards to the NEET PG 2022 application form, which candidates need to fill as part of the registration process, in order to write the examination.
- The NEET PG 2022 exam registration process has been closed.
- Candidates who were applying for the first time needed to register first, before filling up the application.
- The candidates are required to carry out the NEET PG 2022 application form filling process by checking and verifying if they meet the eligibility criteria, along with other necessary information.
- Candidates who were first-time users had to follow the instructions under the heading "I am ready to register" in order to get themselves registered for NEET PG 2022.
Candidates could save their login credentials to make logging in easier or request the resend of the details of the admit card or NEET PG 2022 application, in case they forget the login credentials.
How to Apply for NEET PG?
Candidates are required to go through the following steps which are essential for filling the NEET PG 2022 application form:
- Step 1: Fill in the Registration Form and receive the login credentials.
- Step 2: Fill the NEET PG 2022 Application Form
- Step 3: Upload the Digital signature and Photograph File
- Step 4: Fee Payment For the Application Form
- Step 5: Take a Printout of the Filled Application For Future Reference.
NEET PG 2022 Application Form will be available on the official website of the conducting authority. The candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria can apply for the exam.
|Mode of NEET PG 2022 Application Form||Online|
|Mode Of Payment||Debit/Credit cards and Net banking only|
Documents Required to Apply for NEET PG
Candidates should make sure that they keep the required documents ready at the time of filling up the NEET PG 2022 application form. The documents are important for identification without which the application cannot be validated.
The following documents are required to apply for the NEET PG 2022 Exam:
- Marksheets of classes 10 and 12
- Marksheets of MBBS
- Internship Completion certificate
- A scanned file of the signature and certificate
Read More: NEET PG Application Form 2022
NEET PG 2022 Admit Card
NEET PG 2021 admit card was available on the official website from Sep 6, 2021. Candidates needed to download the NEET PG 2022 Admit Card and attach their scanned passport size photograph on the hall ticket.
Any of the authorized photo IDs will be accepted (must be original, valid, and non-expired), i.e. PAN card, Aadhaar card (with the photograph), Driver's license, Voter ID, or Passport. Candidates will have to carry any of the mentioned IDs along with the admit card to the exam hall.
Candidates will have to follow the below-given steps to download the NEET PG 2022 admit card.Step 1: Go to the official website Click on the Admit card link.
- Step 2: Enter the login credentials
- Step 3: Copy the Captcha Code as given in the picture.
- Step 4: NEET PG Admit Card will be displayed. Take a Printout of it.
- Step 5: A passport size photo should be affixed on the hall ticket.
Read More: NEET PG Admit Card 2022
NEET PG 2022 Exam Centres
In regards to the NEET PG 2022 exam centres, candidates can refer to the points mentioned below.
- Candidates can choose the NEET PG 2022 exam centres of their preference (that are in the vicinity and convenient to them) while filling in the details on the NEET PG 2022 online application form.
- It must be noted that the request for a change in the test venue will not be accepted after the final allotment. Applicants must carry a valid ID proof along with the admit card for identity verification, to the exam centre. Entry without a photo ID proof will be prohibited.
Note: Candidates are advised to reach the test centre 30 minutes before the reporting time. A late entry to the examination premises will not be allowed.
Documents to be Carried on NEET PG Exam Day
Candidates will have to carry the following documents to the exam hall:
- A printed copy of NEET PG 2022 Admit Card.
- A photocopy of the Provisional Registration Certificate issued by MCI/SMC.
- A photo ID proof.
- Foreign Nationals who are taking up NEET PG 2022 should carry their Passport to the Examination hall along with Admit Card.
Read More: NEET PG Exam Centers 2022
NEET PG 2022 Exam Pattern
Earlier this month, NBE had revised the exam pattern. The number of questions was reduced to 200 and the total marks to 800 from 1200. The NEET PG 2022 Exam Pattern was set by its organizing body, i.e the National Board of Examinations. By knowing the exam pattern, candidates will be able to plan their preparation process better and come up with an effective strategy to score the maximum marks in the examination.
The NEET PG 2022 Exam Pattern is decided by the National Board of Examination (NBE) and information on the same is available below.
|Mode of Exam||Online (Computer Based Questions)|
|Type of NEET PG 2022 Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Exam Duration||3 hours and 30 minutes|
|Marking Scheme||+4 mark for the Correct Answers-1 Mark for Wrong Answers|
Candidates can regularly visit this page for further updates and information regarding the NEET PG 2022 exam pattern and other associated events.
Read More: NEET PG Exam Pattern 2022
NEET PG 2022 Syllabus
The NEET PG 2022 syllabus contains all the important topics from which questions will be asked in the examination. Candidates can go through the following points to know more about the syllabus:
- The NEET PG 2022 syllabus is a very important component to streamline a candidate's preparation for the examination.
- Candidates will be able to prepare for the NEET PG 2022 according to the syllabus and come up with an effective strategy for scoring the maximum marks in the examination.
- The syllabus pattern consists of a total of 14 subjects which broad fall under 3 sections; Pre-Clinical (Anatomy, Physiology, and Biochemistry), Para-Clinical (Pharmacology, Microbiology, Pathology, Forensic Medicine, and Social and Preventive Medicine), and Clinical (Medicine, Dermatology and Venereology, Surgery, Orthopedics, Anesthesia, Radiodiagnosis, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Paediatrics, Opthalmology and ENT)
- After reading and going through the subjects, students are advised to practice previous year NEET PG exam question papers, sample papers and mock tests to increase their chances of scoring well in the examination.
- The questions are framed from a total of 14 subjects across 3 major sections.
- The topics are covered at the MBBS and BDS levels in colleges and are approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
Read More: NEET PG syllabus 2022
NEET PG 2022 Result
Candidates have to keep the following points in mind in regards to the NEET PG 2022 result:
- Candidates could view NEET PG 2022 Results on the official website of the National Board of Examinations. Candidates should enter their "Test ID and Date of Birth" to download their NEET PG scorecard.
- The details of the candidates and their scores in NEET PG 2022 will be sent to the State Private Universities/Institutes. This will be done without applying any eligibility criteria, reservation criteria, etc of the concerned states/ UT, Private Universities, or Institutes.
NOTE: There is no provision for re-checking/re-totalling/re-evaluation of the question paper, answers, score and no query in this regard will be entertained.
How to Download NEET PG Result Scorecard?
Candidates will have to follow these steps to download the result from the official website:
- Step 1: Go to the official website, click on the Result.
- Step 2: Enter the Candidate ID and Password.
- Step 3: Click on the login button and download the NEET PG Results
Read More: NEET PG Results 2022
NEET PG 2022 Cut off
The NEET PG 2022 cut-off will be made available in the percentile mode. The equivalent marks to the Cut off Percentile will be provided along with the result.
The Central Government of India, in consultation with the Medical Council Of India, has lowered the NEET PG 2022 percentile by 6 points. The State Counseling Committees are advised to grant admissions on the basis of the revised percentile. The NEET PG Exam Lowered Cutoff Percentile and Scores are as below.
|Category||Lowered Cutoff||Lowered Scores||Lowered Cutoff||Lowered Scores|
Read More: NEET PG Cut Off 2022
NEET PG Question Paper Analysis
The points mentioned below will give candidates an idea of what to expect in the NEET PG 2022 exam based on the analysis of the question paper of the previous year:
- As per the analysis of the previous year's NEET PG question paper, the questions were from the syllabus prescribed by MCI. According to the students, the NEET PG 2022 exam was very easy to moderate and the questions from the Pre-Clinical section were more difficult as compared to other sections.
- The paper analysis of the NEET-PG 2022 showed that questions on Anatomy and Physiology topics seemed complicated.
- Candidates should do a proper revision because the syllabus of NEET PG is somewhat extensive and those who have done a proper revision can attempt the paper easily.
- Some students also mentioned that image-based questions, which help in checking the diagnosis skills of a candidate, were simpler in the NEET PG exam.
The selection and admission to any postgraduate seat in an institution recognized by Indian Medical Council (IMC) will only happen when a candidate fulfills the admission criteria, eligibility criteria, medical fitness, and other criteria set by the university or Institutions.
The National Board Of Examination (NBE) has no role in the counselling process or allocating seats to candidates.
NEET PG 2022 Counselling
Candidates will be eligible to sit for NEET PG 2022 Counselling under All India Quota seats only if they have secured a minimum score equivalent to or greater than the minimum cut-off score as set by the exam conducting authority. The names of the shortlisted candidates will appear in the merit list published by the Medical Counselling Committee.
The NEET PG counselling for admissions to State Quota seats shall be conducted by the concerned States/designated authority University using NEET PG 2022 scores and as per the eligibility criteria.
The admission process for All India 50% quota seats will be carried out by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) of the Directorate General of Health Services, Government of India, using the results for All India 50% quota seats.
NEET PG 2022 shall be a single eligibility cum entrance examination for admission to Postgraduate Medical Courses which includes the following sections:
- All India half share seats for MD/MS/PG Diploma courses (in all states with the exception of Andhra Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, and Telangana).
- MD/MS/PG Diploma courses will have the state quota seats in all the States/Union territories of India (including the states of Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, and Telangana)
- All private medical colleges, institutional, and universities/deemed universities across India with MD/MS/PG Diploma courses.
- MD/MS/PG Diploma courses at Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions.
- DNB Board specialty courses (January 2022 Admission Session).
The following Medical institutions do not follow centralized admissions for MD/MS seats through NEET-PG for the 2022 session as these institutes were set up by some separate laws.
- All India Institute Of Medical Science (AIIMS), New Delhi.
- Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh.
- Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences (SGPGIMS), Lucknow.
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Puducherry.
- National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS), Bengaluru.
- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology (SCTIMST), Trivandrum.
Read More: NEET PG Counselling 2022
How to Prepare for NEET PG 2022?
Having a plan for preparation as per the syllabus and exam pattern can give an edge to a candidate while writing the NEET PG 2022 exam. With the help of the syllabus and exam pattern, candidates can draw out a full-fledged study schedule and flesh a strategy to score the maximum marks in the examination. The first step in the preparation process is for candidates to go through all the subjects carefully. Once they have gone through all the subjects, they can draw up a timetable and allocate sufficient time for all the topics along with their everyday tasks. It is also highly recommended for candidates to solve the question papers of the previous years to get a first-hand idea of the exam pattern of NEET PG 2022. Solving as many question papers and sample papers will increase the confidence of candidates. To add to the points mentioned above, candidates can refer to the below-mentioned points in regards to their preparation for the exam.
- Keep Track of your Progress: Keep a record of the work being done every day. Make sure that the work being done today is better than the previous day's work. It also ensures that the candidate does not repeat the same mistakes that were committed the previous day.
- Divide your Time: Candidates should make a proper timetable by dividing their time effectively and allotting more time for the important sections of the exam. This way they can systematically prepare for the exam without wasting too much time on any particular topic or subject which could ultimately lead them to run out of time to prepare and study the rest of the subjects in the syllabus.
- Study Materials: Lots of study materials are available online, as well as in the market. Moreover, candidates can check out the reference books to get knowledge about the exam topics. Apart from using reference books, the most effective material to study is to solve the NEET PG question papers from the previous years.
- Prioritize the Difficult Subjects: Firstly, work on the topics which you find tougher and focus on those topics closely. Most importantly, don't neglect any of the topics no matter how easy or difficult. The important topics carrying maximum weightage should be given primary importance.
- Time Management: Candidates should be able to utilize their time efficiently without wasting any time during their preparation, as well as when attempting the questions in the exam. Time management is very important for scoring well in the NEET PG 2022 exam.
- Revision: Candidates must make sure that they have ample time for revising all the subjects that they studied in their preparation process. It's common for candidates to forget topics that they've studied at the beginning of their preparation process. Revision can help candidates better recall the subjects that they have already studied. Moreover, candidates must make sure that they finish their preparation and start the revision process at least a month before the exam.
- Mock Test: Practicing NEET PG mock papers can help you learn from your mistakes by assessing them without anyone's help. It will also help you to practice effectively for the exam. Mock tests also help you understand and get an overview of the type of questions that can be asked in the question paper generally.
NEET PG Contact Details
The candidates can contact NEET PG if they have any queries.
||1800-267-4003 (Toll-free) The telephone number can be accessed from 9:30 am to 05:30 pm from Monday – Friday.|
|Postal Address||National Board of ExaminationsMedical Enclave, Ansari Nagar Ring Road, New Delhi-110 029|
Will NEET PG be conducted twice a year?
No, NEET PG is conducted only once in a year.
Is there any limit on the number of attempts in NEET PG?
No, a candidate can attempt any number of times.
Is there a Negative marking in NEET PG?
Yes, for every wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted from the total.
What is the syllabus for NEET PG exam?
The NEET PG exam syllabus has a total of 14 subjects. It will include; Anatomy, General Medicine, Pediatrics, ENT, etc. The exam comes on the basis of MBBS and BDS course.